Ozanne Construction Company, Inc has embraced the Jesuit philosophy of Cura Personalis. This term means “Care for the individual needs of the person each in terms of the other, mind, body, and soul.” Because of this viewpoint, we have become more dedicated to improving the communities in and around Northeast Ohio through our actions and involvement with organizations.
The Ozanne staff has consistently supported community activities and will continue to help the less fortunate in our area. Our Cura Personalis initiatives support positive construction industry activities and allow our team members to enjoy and benefit from participating in new activities that will help their neighbors.
Ozanne supports the following community projects:
- African American Cultural Garden - Phase 1
- Derek Owens Park
- Partnership Schools of Cleveland
- Archbishop Lyke Elementary
- St. Thomas Aquinas Elementary
- Karamu House Expansion
- Garden of 11 Angels
Ozanne’s most important personal and professional obligation is to provide our employees, subcontractors, suppliers, owners, and business associates with a work environment that maximizes health, wellness, and safety.
Safety, wellness, and a positive mentality to construction work is at the very foundation of our culture. We strive to provide a ZERO accident, injury, and harm work culture by following these procedures:
- Daily activity hazard discussions to ensure safe work operations.
- Daily activity hazard analysis to identify high-risk work activities.
- Weekly toolbox meetings to evaluate the week’s work activities and plan safety for the following week.
- Project-specific site logistics, risk management, and safety plans.
- Mandatory CPR training for all on-site supervisory personnel.
- OSHA 30 training for all on-site supervisory personnel.
- Online Safety Data sheets.
- Third party safety audits conducted by Safety Resources, Inc.
Sustainability & Inclusion
We believe in the triple bottom approach to sustainability, maximizing the social (people), economic (profit), and environmental (planet) benefits of the project as requested by the owner.
- We measure social sustainability through our policy of hiring local, minority, and female tradespeople in the construction workforce and tracking the results.
- We measure economic sustainability through our policy of hiring local, minority, and female construction firms, providing them with technical assistance as needed. We also track the results of our enterprise inclusion efforts.
- Many owners use LEED to measure the environmental sustainability of a project. We have completed gold, silver, and certified LEED projects.
- We support workforce development and pre apprenticeship programs in Cuyahoga County.
- We have participated in a number of projects covered by project labor and community benefits agreements.
- To ensure long term growth and sustainability for our staff, we encourage and financially support ongoing training and certification programs for their professional development.
American Airlines Columbus Hanger
American Airlines repair hangar in Columbus provides repair and maintenance for Americans' fleet of jets. This facility typically services five aircraft per night but has the capacity to service up to seven. Planes fly into the Columbus airport and are serviced or repaired at night and return the next morning to run their regular routes throughout the country. The dependability of the equipment and service techs at this facility is mission-critical to ensuring the safety of passengers but also the continuity of service and routes. If a plane is not returned to service the next day another will have to be brought in from a different and possibly remote location costing time and money.
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
Ozanne Construction Company Inc. and DLR Group | Westlake Reed Leskosky have successfully teamed up on several design/build projects. Most notably, the CLE Parking Redevelopment Program – Phase II. This was a project the two firms teamed up on and completed in 2016 in time for the Republican National Convention. The 200,000 square foot structure, related site, and utility work were completed from design through construction in a little over a year and provided a new landmark structure to greet people coming into the airport campus.
Careers at Ozanne
There are jobs – and then there are careers. The chance to do the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful. The opportunity to challenge yourself and learn new skills. The prospect of being surrounded by smart, ambitious, motivated people, day-in and day-out. That’s the kind of work you can expect to do at Ozanne Construction Company, Inc. If this sounds like a career that appeals to you, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Ozanne Construction, we strive to offer transparency and treat our team members with respect, honesty and fairness. We work to provide the flexibility for each employee to balance their work and family responsibilities. We are leading professionals in our industry that work hard and celebrate successes along the way!